- Curbside Pickup
- Snipsic Village Collection
- Preschool Visits
- Book Cellar
The Book Cellar is open Saturdays 10:00 to 1:00 and Thursdays 2:00 to 4:30. No appointments are necessary but we are still maintaining social distancing and wearing a mask whenever possible. Book Cellar volunteers are always needed. Call the library if you would like to help!
- Homebound Delivery
HOMEBOUND DELIVERY PROCEDURE AND SERVICE REQUEST FORM
The Hall Memorial Library is pleased to offer Homebound Delivery Service for Ellington residents in need. Through this program, library materials are delivered to Ellington residents who are permanently or temporarily homebound due to illness, disability or advanced age. Books, magazines, DVDs, music CDs, and more can be dropped off and picked up by Library staff or volunteers once or twice per month. Participants may make requests for specific materials or staff will choose items based on an individual’s preferences. Requests may be made by phone, email or using the online catalog system.
PATRONS REQUESTING HOMEBOUND DELIVERY SERVICES MUST:
• Be an Ellington resident
• Be permanently or temporarily homebound
• Complete a Homebound Delivery Service Request form
• Have a viable means of contact: phone and/or email
• Have a valid Hall Memorial Library card (if you do not have one, we will help with library card registration before the first delivery)
• Provide a safe and appropriate environment for staff to make their deliveries
• Be/have someone available to receive materials at the mutually agreed-upon time
There are no overdue fines for homebound patrons, although there will be a charge for a lost or damaged items. Only Library materials will be transported.
To sign up for this service, complete the form below. If you have any questions, or you need to apply for homebound delivery over the phone, please call the library at 860-870-3160 and ask for Sue.