Friends of the Library
The goal of the Friends is to work with the Hall Memorial Library Board of Trustees and the Library Staff to enhance library services to the Town, address special needs and enrich the entire community. To accomplish this goal we are always seeking new members. Why not join us, have some fun, and gain some real satisfaction knowing that you are involved?
- Book Cellar Update: The Book Cellar is open Saturdays 10:00 to 1:00 and Thursdays 2:00 to 4:30. No appointments are necessary but we are still maintaining social distancing and wearing a mask whenever possible.
- *** Please visit our Facebook page for updated information.
Friends activities include:
- Semi-annual book sales events
- Book Cellar used book store
- Holiday Cookie Sale
- Maintain the armillary planter
- Library Minigolf for "Take Your Child to the Library" day-Due to the pandemic, Minigolf will not be held this year.
Donations from the Friends have supported many exciting and innovative projects and programs over the years. A staple is the summer reading program for all ages. Also, the memberships/passes to area museums and cultural venues. Most recently, they have funded some new materials for the children such as Playaway views, Playaway read-alongs and Playaway Launchpads, and reading and STEM literacy backpack kits.
To join the Friends please complete and return this membership form (PDF).
The Executive Board meets on the 2nd Monday of the month at 7pm. All meetings are open to all members. Please join us!
The Book Cellar is open Saturdays 10:00 to 1:00 and Thursdays 2:00 to 4:30. No appointments are necessary but we are still maintaining social distancing and wearing a mask whenever possible.
Book Cellar volunteers are always needed. Call the library if you would like to help!