Hall Memorial Library
93 Main Street
PO Box 280
Ellington, Connecticut 06029
Tel: (860) 870-3160
Fax: (860) 870-3163
Hours of operation:
10:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
*September - June
10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
*July - August
1:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.
*October - May
Welcome to the
Hall Memorial Library Website!
The Hall Memorial Library proudly serves as the principal public library for
the Town of Ellington, providing free and equal access to a variety
of materials and programs for all citizens. The Library plays an active
role in the community as a popular materials library, a preschoolers'
door to learning, a formal education support center and a
community reference source.
ATTENTION: THE LIBRARY PARKING LOT IS BEING PAVED DURING THE WEEK OF JULY 27. PLEASE PARK ON MAIN STREET OR AT THE CHURCH. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
If you have an iPad or Android, download the Zinio for Libraries App. After downloading follow these steps:
- Select Country as United States and State as Maryland
- Library Name is Popular 50 eMagazine Collection
- Enter email and password
- NOTE: Your library name will not appear in the drop downbox since this is a SHARED collection.
Our new Museum Pass reservation/printing system is up and running. You may view available passes by museum or by date.
Check or cancel your reservation here. You will need your library card to use this system. Pass memberships are funded by the Friends of the Library.
Services Offered By Hall Memorial Library
- Reference Service, in person, over the phone and online
- Online Public Access Catalog
- Interlibrary Loan Service
- Public Internet Access
- Computers, Printers, Typewriters, Photocopiers, Fax Service, Microform Readers/Printers
- Meeting Rooms Available for Public Use
- Wifi access throughout the building
- Programs for All Ages. Register for programs here!
- Books for Adults, Young Adults, Children
- Large Print materials
- Audiobooks on cassette and CD
- Downloadable eBooks and audiobooks
- Newspapers and Periodicals
- Puzzles, Puppets, etc.
- Museum passes
- Library cards are available to any Ellington resident.
- Present ID and proof of residency.
- Children may apply for a card upon turning age 5.
Patron Account Management