In response to the COVID-19 virus situation, the Library is closed until further notice. Staff will be onsite Monday - Friday, from 10 am til 4pm to serve you in whatever way we can. Call us at 860-870-3160 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All programs and meetings are cancelled or postponed.
- All items that were due after March 15 have been automatically renewed until May 1; no fines will be charged for those materials.
- The book drop will be open for returns. Items returned in the drop are being quarantined for 7 days before being checked in.
- Please hold any donations until we reopen.
- We are offering curb-side service. See below or call for further information. Be safe everyone!
- Remember our online resources also--there are ebooks, eaudios, movies, music and comics available from our website at library.ellington-ct.gov. If you need assistance with these just call or email.
- Library cards that were due to expire in March or April were automatically renewed until June 1. While we cannot issue new library cards for borrowing physical materials, we can renew existing cards, no matter how old. If your card is blocked due to pre-existing fines or bills, those can be paid in your online account. We can also issue temporary cards for access to digital materials only. Call or email to learn more.
CURBSIDE SERVICE FOR LIBRARY MATERIALS
While the Library building continues to be closed until further notice, the Hall Memorial Library is offering curb-side service for library materials and tax forms.
For library materials, you may request up to 10 items at a time per household by:
- Using the request function in the online library catalog
- Sending an email to email@example.com. Include the items, your barcode number and phone number.
- Calling us at 860-870-3160, Monday-Friday, 10am-3:30pm. Have your barcode number handy.
Check the library catalog, if possible, to see what’s available before emailing or calling. Remember that the interlibrary loan system is not working, so only things currently in our library are available.
For tax forms, call or email your list of needs. We will provide copies of the 1040 booklet, copies of any other forms you need, and the instruction booklet. Note that we are out of Connecticut State booklets, but can provide copies of the form only. Call and we can help you with tax tables or other information.
We will gather the materials, call when they are ready and arrange a time for pick-up. You may pick them up Monday-Friday, 11am-4pm.
When you arrive, call to let us know you are here. The items will then be placed on the front planter for you to pick up. Please stay in your car until the things are put out and the staff member is back in the building.
Currently, all items will be due May 1, 2020. If the situation changes, we will reassess.
Questions? Just call!