Hall Memorial Library
93 Main Street
PO Box 280
Ellington, Connecticut 06029
Tel: (860) 870-3160
Fax: (860) 870-3163
Hours of operation:
10:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
*September - June
10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
*July - August
1:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.
*October - May
Welcome to the
Hall Memorial Library Website!
The Hall Memorial Library proudly serves as the principal public library for
the Town of Ellington, providing free and equal access to a variety
of materials and programs for all citizens. The Library plays an active
role in the community as a popular materials library, a preschoolers'
door to learning, a formal education support center and a
community reference source.
WE WANT TO KNOW
WHAT YOU THINK!
Five years ago, the Library undertook a major strategic planning process. That process included a survey of residents, planning sessions by the Library Board of Directors, staff and planning committee, interviews with Town officials and conversations with patrons. The resulting plan included goals for improvements to the library facility and services, such as expansion of the young adult area, rearrangement of the audio room, the addition of a computer lab and classes, Sunday hours in the fall/winter, Saturday hours in the summer, the new webpage, more materials and more programming for adults. We have worked hard and have met these goals! So it is time to evaluate our progress and look to the future. And we want to know what you think!
Please take a few minutes to fill out our citizen survey by April 30!
Click here for an online version of the survey.
Click here for a fillable document that you may then email to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and bring in to the library, the Senior Center or the Selectman's Office.
Registration required three days prior to event.
Make a reservation at the front desk or call us at 860-870-3160.
Services Offered By Hall Memorial Library
- Reference Service, in person, over the phone and online
- Online Public Access Catalog
- Interlibrary Loan Service
- Programs for All Ages
- Public Internet Access
- Computers, Printers, Typewriters, Photocopiers, Fax Service, Microform Readers/Printers
- Meeting Rooms Available for Public Use
- Wifi access throughout the building
- Books for Adults, Young Adults, Children
- Large Print materials
- Audiobooks on cassette and CD
- Downloadable eBooks and audiobooks
- Newspapers and Periodicals
- Videocassettes, DVDs
- Puzzles, Puppets, etc.
- Library cards are available to any Ellington resident.
- Present ID and proof of residency.
- Children may apply for a card upon turning age 5.
Patron Account Management
Patrons may veiw and manage their library account online. Click below: